So you are thinking about putting your home on the market? I'm Di, and I have seen a fair few homes make first impressions on potential buyers. I've made a helpful checklist you can use to make sure you are putting your best home forward, and getting BEST PRICE READY.
Or, if you would prefer my professional opinion in person please feel free to give me a call on 021 998 994 and I'd be happy to walk through with you to discuss all your options.
Get Best Price Ready with this helpful checklist
- Make an entrance!
- Consider improving privacy by adding a low wall at the front of your house.
- Pave a pathway to your front door.
- Add interest to your doorway with potted plants.
- Invest in a new front door mat.
- Spruce up your front door with a coat of paint.
- If your hallway is dark and narrow, paint it a light colour.
- Lounge and dining
- Too much furniture will make your living areas look small.
- Remove any unessential items and store them with family or hire a storage space.
- Use neutral colours in your living space.
- Ensure your carpets are cleaned.
- Get marked or damaged timber floors re-sanded and polished.
- Lounge Image
- Sleeping in style
- Reduce the amount of furniture in small bedrooms to give the impression of space.
- Storage is important - consider adding built-in wardrobes or storing clothes with friends to create an illusion of space.
- De-personalise your bedroom but add little touches like candles and perfume bottles.
- Add some luxury with fresh linen, puffed pillows and extra cushions.
- Step outside
- Mow your lawns and weed your garden beds.
- Define your garden bed borders.
- Add a focal point using a sculpture, water feature or garden bench.
- Give the illusion of space in a courtyard by using large pavers.
- Introduce colour with pots of flowers.
- Plant a vegetable garden.
- Finishing touches
- Ensure all areas have been dusted, vacuumed and put new light bulbs in all rooms.
- Add colour to neutral rooms using accessories, but don't go overboard with patterned accessories, as they create a cluttered feeling.
- Keep window treatments simple.
- Disguise small windows by hanging curtains from the top of the wall, not the top of the window.
- Add elegance by extending your curtain drop so it pillows on the floor.
- Kitchen Image
- Kitchen - the room that sells!
- Clear the clutter to make your cupboards and benches feel spacious.
- Cover any cooking splatters with a fresh coat of paint.
- New cupboard and drawer handles will add life to an old kitchen.
- Consider replacing scratched or stained bench tops with new laminate, or if your budget allows, granite or composite stone.
- Lift old lino and replace it with new lino, polished floorboards or tiles.
- Ensure your bathroom is spotless, with clean tiles.
- If your bathroom is small, maximise space by putting the towel rail behind the door.
- Fix or replace cracked basins, toilets or tubs.
- Add a little luxury with fluffy towels, handmade soaps, boutique bath products and a plant or flowers.
- Air your bathroom before inspections - bad smells are a buyer turn off!
- Exterior Image
- Even small changes can make a big impact on your home’s appeal to potential buyers. No matter your budget, following some of these suggestions can have a positive impact on your property’s selling price.
Get in touch for a my professional opinion today!
Di Wright 021 998 994